Getting organised is the key to much of what we do in life in order as it make things easier for ourselves and our family. In the case of your digital world there should be no difference. If you were to suddenly become so unwell that you were unable to do the day to day things on the Internet, or indeed, if you were to pass away suddenly then how would your family manage your digital life.
You would have unanswered e-mails, online bank accounts not being managed, share accounts not being checked, personal contacts not being aware of the circumstances and so on. You would be leaving those closest to you with yet another hurdle to get over during a very difficult time. And will they all agree with what to do with your information once they finally access it unless you have left them things like logins, passwords and some guidance?
The key things you need to protect yourself against are;
• Losing information about your finances including all your assets and liabilities
• Family members not knowing how to access information on the websites you use
• Identity theft. If the wrong people gain access to your records what damage could they do? It is much easier to steal in the name of a dead person because they will not challenge new passwords or big bills.
The Digital Undertakers can provide you with help now in the form of our easy to use Excel templates. They will help you create your own digital inventory and you can, if you want to, add in your financial information as well so that everything is recorded in one place.
We provide five templates within a single Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
They can help you to;
• Get organised or enhance your existing records
• Create computerised records of your finances
• Record your online access details and your physical computer records
• Track your total net worth
Also, by subscribing to our newsletter we will keep you up to date with information surrounding digital assets, identity fraud, online legacy’s and the security surrounding your online life. This will all help to better organise your life on the Internet.